The news site of Madison Area Technical College

The Clarion

The Clarion

The Clarion

Follow Us
RSSTwitterFacebookYoutube

The Clarion and Yahara Journal earn national recognition

Clarion staff members Maddie Thorman, Kelly Feng, Kai Brito and Hannah Powell show the awards they received at the Associated Collegiate Press National College Media Convention in Atlanta.

The Clarion and the Yahara Journal received a total of nine awards at the Associated Collegiate Press National College Media Convention in Atlanta from Oct. 30 through Nov. 2.
Two of them were Associated Collegiate Press Pacemaker Awards. The Clarion was honored as an Online Pacemaker winner, while designer Valenzia Cina won an honorable mention Page Design Pacemaker.
This was the first time that The Clarion had won an Online Pacemaker award. The last time it had been considered a finalist for the Pacemaker Award was in 2006.
The Pacemaker Awards are the top awards presented by the Associated Collegiate Press. They recognize the student media organizations and individuals who are trendsetters for the rest of the nation.
In addition, the newspaper and Yahara Journal won several Best-of-Show Awards recognizing the work of the student media represented at the convention.
The awards received included:
• First-place, Best of Show, Digital Newsletter for Two-Year Colleges.
• First-place, Best of Show, Advertising, Neph De Mott.
•  Second-place, Best of Show, Sports Photography, Ethan James.
• Second-place, Broadcast News Show for Two-Year Colleges, Kylie Phillips and Kodiak Koessl.
• Fourth-place, Two-Year College Newspaper and Newsmagazines.
• Fourth-place, Literary Arts Magazine, the Yahara Journal.
• Seventh-place, Two-Year College Websites.
The Clarion was represented at the convention by Kelly Feng, Maddie Thorman, Kai Brito and Hannah Powell.