WOLFPACK CONNECT

New phone app helps students stay connected with the college

CAITLYN LEE / CLARION

The new WolfPack Connect App is shown on a student’s phone. Madison College is utilizing the new phone app to help students gain easier access to resources and to connect with clubs and student groups.

Damara Gillett, Staff Writer

Access to Madison College resources and services just got much easier, and it all comes in an easy to use smartphone app.

Madison College used to rely on The Link for student, faculty and staff accessibility to clubs and events on campus. When the contract for The Link was set to expire, Madison College chose to not renew it.

Instead, the college decided to go a different route—working with Involvio (a company that specializes in creating advanced student platforms) to create a more user-friendly app geared more specifically towards Madison College.

WolfPack Connect is an app created with the intention of making it easier for students, faculty and staff to access and share information and resources across all Madison College and associated campuses.

Unlike The Link, the new app offers much more interactivity and accessibility, and is also accessible on multiple platforms (at the moment only the smartphone app is available, but the desktop feature is expected to be available as a link by November).

The new app offers a variety of different features.  Students, staff and faculty can easily access information on shuttle schedules, computer help desk, public safety, financial aid, advising services, and direct links to MyMadisoncollege, campus email, and Blackboard. The app also makes it much easier for clubs and student organizations to communicate with each other, share information, and post about upcoming events.

Candice Cardoza is helping coordinate the implementation of WolfPack Connect for Student Life. She said one new feature that’s especially useful for clubs and organizations is Student Feed — a Facebook-like feed where events, photos, updates, videos, etc. can reach anyone connected to the app in real-time. Cardoza said it is a great resource for organizations and clubs hoping to get a stronger attendance for events, fundraisers, or recruiting new members.

The goal is that every student will have access to the WolfPack Connect, and that it will be an easily accessible resource for them to use to get more involved on campus, Cardoza said.

The app can be downloaded on mobile devices either for IOS (iTunes app store) or Android (Googleplay store), and only requires a Madison College username and password to log in.

Also, if you’re not able to grab a physical copy of the Clarion, there’s a tab on WolfPack Connect where you can find the most recently published issue. So go check it out.