Lemon Blueberry Buttermilk Sheet Pan Pancakes are delicious

Eimy G

Lemon Blueberry Sheet Pan Pancakes can be made ahead of time and refrigerated.

Eimy Gonzalez, Assistant Editor

As a new semester rolls in, so does the stress of meeting the deadlines and working hard to be the absolute best student you can be. However, what impact does this have on how you prepare and eat your daily meals?  

I love food. I am considered to be a very slow eater and I truly enjoy each bite! So, one of the biggest nightmares of my day is to struggle with meal preparations to then have to rush through eating. I sought a considerable solution to fix my problem and found that with a little more effort during the weekend and great recipes, I could survive.  

I present to you a lifesaver of recipes! Lemon Blueberry Sheet Pan Pancakes. This dish is incredible easy to make and as equally easy to store any leftovers. On Sunday afternoons I take my time to do the cooking and baking and then just refrigerate and/ or freeze to grab during the week. It’s just like magic! 

Without further delay, here is the recipe. Hope you enjoy! 

Ingredients 

Cooking spray 

1½ cup of white whole wheat flour 

½ cups of unbleached all-purpose flour 

2 tablespoons of granulated sugar  

2 tablespoons of baking powder 

1 teaspoon of baking soda 

1 teaspoon of kosher salt  

2 tablespoons of unsalted butter, melted and cooled slightly 

2 cups of buttermilk 

2 large eggs 

1 medium lemon, juice, and grated zest 

2 teaspoons of vanilla extract 

1½ cups of blueberries 

Instructions 

Preheat oven to 425. Spray the preferred sheet pan with the cooking spray, add a layer of parchment paper and spray once more.  

In bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients. While in another bowl, the wet ingredients.  

Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and whisk until just combined. Gently add the blueberries into the mix, folding them carefully with a spatula. Add the mixture into the prepared pan. Spread evenly with a spatula and bake for 15 minutes or until the pancakes are golden.  

Let it cool, then flip into a cutting board to cut to the desired size of the pancakes.  

It is as easy as that! It makes for a delicious breakfast, and you can make variations of this recipe by adding different fruit. 

This is just one of many recipes. The important thing to remember is to work smarter, not harder. Doing meal preparations during the weekend can spare you of painful hours of your week stressing over meals and avoiding the venture of trying to shove down your food within 10-15 minutes. I’ve been there! 

Bon appétit! 

Editor’s note: The recipe is from the book “Skinny Taste Meal Prep” by Gina Homolka.