Changes are coming to the college’s student website

Clarion Staff Photo

Staff members talk to students about the new student website.

Bryce Dailey, Staff Writer

The updated Madison College website is set to launch Oct. 26, with student accessibility and ease of use a top priority in the redesign.
Students.madisoncollege.edu (which differs from madisoncollege.edu, a separate site for recruitment and prospective students), has been in the process of an update since October 2021. As some students find the current site to be cumbersome, the update was developed with five specific goals in mind: to better guide students through the enrollment process, to connect students to on-campus and virtual resources, to showcase student involvement opportunities, to support each student’s academic success and to link student with tools necessary for their success, according to a series of articles which documented the new site’s progress.
A few practical applications include “one-click” access to Blackboard, myMadisonCollege, student email and more from the home page of the site, as well as a streamlined enrollment process for new students with specific checklists. Landing pages for the many student services will now be searchable, with the “Find Services and Resources” feature.
“This is content now just for students. Prior to this new launch, there’s still information on there that’s more for marketing or promotional purposes, there’s information meant for faculty and staff,” said Jody Hartwig, Madison College Web manager. Hartwig also said there will be greatly improved responsive design for mobile users.
Hartwig promises a seamless transition during the update’s debut, which is set for Oct. 26.
Questions and difficulties on the new site can be directed to Madison College library staff, who are being trained to support students with difficulties.