Textbook Rental Return Deadline Jan. 5

Anica Graney, Editor-In-Chief

The end of a semester is typically characterized with final exams, extra credit, and textbook rental returns. Lucky for Madison College students, rented textbooks won’t be due back until Jan. 5, allowing students to focus on final exams and the holiday season before having to worry about getting those textbooks returned.

For those that miss the Jan. 5 deadline, textbooks will still be accepted until Jan. 15 with an additional fee. Bookstore Manager Scott Heiman warns students to not forget to return their textbooks, “Books will no longer be accepted after January 15, 2021. At that time, students will be charged the full replacement cost and can keep the books.”

Textbooks will be returned through rental return boxes located outside of Madison College campuses including Commercial Avenue, Fort Atkinson, Goodman South, Portage, Reedsburg, Truax, and Watertown.

In-store hours for the Truax bookstore have been suspended from Nov. 30 through Feb. 1. Students are encouraged to order their textbooks for the spring 2021 semester online and will have the option to have their textbooks delivered or picked up. The bookstore is currently making plans for students who require their payments be made in cash.

Textbook pick-up at the Truax campus started Dec. 7 and will take place at the childcare turnaround near the Anderson Street entrance. Once students order their textbooks, it will take two to three business days for their order to be processed, and students will receive an email to reserve a time to pick up their textbooks. Students must pick up their textbooks at the outside pick-up location and will not be permitted inside the building.

Heiman encourages students to think about ordering their books as soon as possible. While most textbooks will be processed within two to three business days, due to the high volume of books that are usually ordered at the very beginning of the semester, orders may be delayed to three to five business days. An email will be sent to students who experience delays in textbook processing.

If students would like to contact the bookstore directly with any questions they may have, they can email the bookstore at [email protected] or call (608) 246 6016. An FAQ link will also be provided to students sometime in early December.