6 WolfPack basketball players earn honors

Ross Litscher, Sports Editor

Post-season awards were recently announced for men’s and women’s basketball and six Madison College student athletes were honored: three on the men’s team and three on the women’s team.
Sophomore Keith Hoffman was named to both the first team all-region and first team all-conference, the second year in a row he was named to the all-conference first team.
Freshman Deante Luster was named to the all-region first team with Hoffman and was also named to the all-conference second team with sophomore Nik Feller. Feller was also honored with a second team all-region appearance.
The men’s team finished the 2022-23 season at 16-14, and this was only the 13th time in program history at least three players got postseason awards.
For the WolfPack women’s team, sophomore Taylor Ripp was recognized with both first team all-conference and first team all-region honors.
Freshman Jordana Davis joined Ripp on the first team all-region and was named second team all-conference. Freshman Kayla Staveness was named to the all-region second team.
The WolfPack women finished the 2022-23 season with an 8-20 record. Three players honored on all-conference and all-region teams ties for second most in program history.