Volleyball team bumped from regional tourney

Christina Gordon, Sports Editor

The Madison College Volleyball team season came to an end on Nov. 2, in the semifinal round of the NJCAA Region IV Tournament in Rockford, Ill. 

The WolfPack lost in four sets to host Rock Valley College (25-20, 25-20, 25-8, 25-12). 

Freshman Calla Borchert led the WolfPack with 10 kills. Freshman setter Skyler Salter led the WolfPack in assists with 12.  In the back court, the WolfPack were led by freshman Amelia Walton with 12 digs, while fellow freshman Jaidyn Lange was close behind with 11.   

Madison College entered the tournament as the No. 2 seed and hosted the first round of the tournament in Madison on Oct.30, when the WolfPack played No. 7 Elgin Community College. 

The WolfPack swept Elgin College in three sets (25-22, 25-13, 25-21) the WolfPack were led by freshman middle hitters Calla Borchert and Sidni Walgurski both having nine kills, Borchert also had five blocks in the game. 

Freshman setter Lena La Fleur led the WolfPack in aces with three.  In the back court the WolfPack were led by Lange with 14 digs while sophomore Cathleen Flannery was close behind with 13.

The WolfPack ended their season with a 16-16 overall record and an 8-4 conference record.  Flannery had a team high 233 kills on the season, also leading the WolfPack in aces with 46 while also posting a second best 227 digs. 

La Fleur had a team high 367 assists, while also having a second best 22 aces.  Borchert lead the WolfPack in blocks with 70 while Walgurski was close behind with 67.  Walton lead the way in the back court for the WolfPack having 258 digs on the season.