WolfPack volleyball team wins 2 of last 3

Christina Gordon, Sports Editor

The Madison College Volleyball team finished its last three games of the season winning two matches and losing one. 

The first game the WolfPack played was on Oct. 15, when Joliet Junior College traveled to Madison.

The WolfPack had a two-game winning streak going into the game and extended their winning streak after they beat Joliet Junior College in three straight sets, (25-14 25-23, 25-21). 

The WolfPack had two players with nine kills on the match, freshman middle hitter Calla Borchert and sophomore Cathleen Flannery.  Freshman Skyler Salter lead the WolfPack is assists with 11, while fellow freshman Lena La Fleur was close behind with nine.  In the back court the WolfPack were led by sophomore Sage Esser having 10 49 digs.

The WolfPack traveled to Rock Valley College on Oct. 17, and lost in four sets (27-25, 25-23, 25-17, 25-17). 

Once again, the WolfPack were led by Flannery who had 13 kills while also posting 12 digs to mark her second career double-double.

Salter and La Fleur both had 13 assists to lead the WolfPack in that category.  Esser once again led the team in digs having 16 of the 67 digs for the WolfPack.

The final game of the regular season for the WolfPack came on Oct. 22, when they traveled to River Grove ,Ill., to face Triton College.   The WolfPack got back to their winning ways against Triton, winning in three sets (25-21, 25-10, 25-14). 

Flannery lead the team in kills having 10 and finishing the regular season with 222 kills.  Flannery also had a career high five aces in the game.  Fellow sophomore Olivia Marron had seven digs for the WolfPack, Marron and Flannery both had seven digs.  

The WolfPack finished the regular season with an overall record of 15-15 and an 8-4 conference record.

The WolfPack will start the NJCAA Region IV Tournament on Oct. 30 and will host the first round, the opponent has not been determined yet.  You can go to the Madison College website for updates.