WolfPack claims share of 3rd-straight N4C title

Christina Gordon / Clarion

The Madison College women’s soccer team celebrates a goal during a recent match.

Christina Gordon, Sports Editor

After winning four of its last five games, the Madison College women’s soccer team has secured a share of its third consecutive N4C conference title.

Madison College has outscored its opponents 31-8 en route to a 10-2-1 overall record and an 8-1 conference.

Of the WolfPack’s last four games, three have come on the road. The WolfPack played their one home game in that stretch on Sept. 28, when Triton College traveled to Madison. The WolfPack outshot Triton College 23-4, and the score showed it – WolfPack won 5-0. 

Sophomore Jenna Kohrt had two goals for the WolfPack. The first came within the first 90 seconds of the game, Kohrt was assisted by freshman Lydia Webster.  Kohrt’s second goal of the game came later in the game at the 27-minute mark, assisted by freshman Mackenzie Bielecki. 

The other WolfPack player that had two goals in the game was freshman Haylee Miles. Miles scored her first goal unassisted at the 20-minute mark. Her second goal came at the 42-minute mark, assisted by freshman Claire Arbuckle.  Miles’ two goals is a career high goals and she has a total of three goal on the season. 

The first of three consecutive road games for the WolfPack came on Oct. 2, when they traveled to Palatine, Ill., to face Harper College.  Madison College was able to avenge its only conference loss against the Hawks, winning 4-0. 

Sophomore goalkeeper Kelly Kubicek shut out Harper for her sixth shut out of the season.  Webster had her first multi score game, scoring two goals for the WolfPack. 

On Oct. 5, the WolfPack were shut out for the first time this season. The team traveled to Wauwatosa to face Bryant and Stratton College and ended up losing, 2-0.

The WolfPack had two players with two shots on goal for the game, Kohrt and Webster lead the team in that category. 

An overtime game got Madison College back to its winning ways. The team traveled to Glen Ellyn, Ill., to face the College of DuPage. It took 92 minutes for anyone to score, with the WolfPack taking a 1-0 victory thanks to a goal by  Bielecki off an assist by Kohrt.  Kubicek had another shut out, making it her seventh of the season. 

The WolfPack have one regular season game left.  The WolfPack will play Rock Valley College on Oct. 12 in Madison. 

Nine WolfPack players will be playing their last regular home game: goalkeeper Kubicek, winger Kaitlin Satern, midfielder Breanna Griffin, winger Lauren Thole, defender Emily Messer, midfielder Jenna Kohrt, defender Anna Cappaert, midfielder Lillian Glackin, and defender Kaitlyn Clapper.