Eichstedt selected to lead Madison College golf team

Bailey Ayres, Sports Editor

Starting next season the WolfPack golf team is getting a new coach: Glenn Eichstedt.

His primary goal is to building up the program by getting more people to play on the team.

“Just getting enough numbers in to the program, so we can be competitive amongst ourselves. That usually creating team play in the long run,” Eichstedt said.

He is looking forward to helping his golfers out on the course and in the classroom.

“The best advice you need to take care of your academic responsibilities first. If you are strong in academics, then you will make better decisions on the course, throughout the season. It goes hand in hand,” said Eichstedt.

While this will be Eichstedt’s first time coaching at the collegiate level, he has been a long-time coach at the high school level.

Eichstedt coached for three years at Lomira High School and spent 24 years at Kewaskum High School, the last 17 as head coach. He has led his teams to five regional titles and one conference championship.

In addition, he has spent several years as a youth golf director at Kettle Hills Golf Course in Richefield, organizing and running youth camps for golfers ages 18 and under.

Also coaching collegiate golf for the first time is his son Adam Eichstedt, the athletic department’s communications assistant, who will serve as assistant coach.