WolfPack men’s soccer team finishes in 2nd in conference

Ethan Maurice, Staff Writer

The Madison College men’s soccer team wrapped up regular season play on Oct. 6 with a 5-0 victory over Milwaukee Area Technical College. With the victory, the WolfPack ends the season with a 9-5 overall record and second in the conference with a 6-4 record.

Shane Paterson scored twice to lead Madison College against Milwaukee. Toby Andrews scored his 13th goal of the season, while Ricardo Ramos and Adrian Manriquez also scored.

Madison College now awaits the start of post-season. The NJCAA Region IV Tournament Quarterfinals will be played on Oct. 14.

Madison College 12, Elgin Community College 0

Sophomore night on Sept. 24 brought a huge victory for the WolfPack, a 12-0 win over Elgin Community College.

Eight sophomores including captain Michael Bravick starred in the game. This was the last game for those players at Goodman East, a place where they have gone 14-3-1 in their two years at home.

Out of the Illinois Skyway Colligate Conference, the Elgin Spartans have not had a good season, with only two wins in conference play.

The scoresheet had seven different WolfPack players on it, with Toby Andrews and Oscar Perez both scoring three goals. Casey Risch also scored his first goal of the season, off a Matt Johnson assist.

Keeper Blake Dehn faced only five shots on goal, while the WolfPack had 29 shots.

Madison College 1, Harper College 0

Toby Andrews was the only goalscorer on the night as the WolfPack beat Harper College, 1-0, on Sept. 29.
The WolfPack avenged the loss that Harper gave them earlier in the year at Goodman Pitch. The tightly contested game was a statement victory for the WolfPack, who have moved up to second place in the conference.

The entire game was close, even after Andrews 6oth minute score. Keeper Blake Dehn was in peak form, posting a shutout for the third time this season. He faced 18 shots, and made six saves.

Forward Ali Barry tested the Harper Goalkeeper twice before Andrews scored off a Shane Patterson assist. This was Andrews 13th goal on the season, which is five away from the single season Madison College record.

Century College 3, Madison College 1

An early goal and poor passing led to the WolfPack’s downfall in a game versus Century College.

A freak goal which bounced off one too many players and ended in the back of the net was the first goal on the night. The goalmouth scramble ended with the WolfPack down 1-0 after 3 minutes.Century College scored again at the 20 minute mark and early in the second half, to go up 3-0.

The WolfPack got one back courtesy of Matt Johnson, after 85 minutes. Blake Dehn also lost his streak of nearly 200 minutes without a goal conceded.