Take a break to manage stress

Tessa Morhardt, Editor in Chief

I never knew how stressful life could be. Being a full-time student with a full-time and part-time job while trying to have a social life is a challenge. Life can get tough sometimes, and you tend to push this feeling back and tell yourself you will be fine.

You need to remember that you are only human, and you need to take care of yourself.

Sometimes you feel like everything is happening all at the same time, but that is when you should look at your life and see what you can do to make your life less stressful.

Create a list of all the things you need to do and rate the importance as to what really needs to get done and what can wait.

If you are feeling overwhelmed, take a 10-minute break from what you are doing and then go back with a fresh mind. I tend to like to listen to classical music while working so I can focus on what I am doing.

Asking for help will give you a little less stress.

Going to work out either at the beginning or the end of the day will help relieve some of the stress that you are holding inside of you.

Also, eating healthier will give you more energy to get through the day.

Focusing on yourself is not a terrible thing to do. You have to remember to take care of your body and your mind.

Stress happens. Being overwhelmed happens. There are so many ways to handle these situations to make you feel better.

Just don’t forget what your capable of doing. It’s OK to say no sometimes to focus on the work you need to get done or to even focus on yourself for a while. Taking care of yourself in the end is what truly matters.