Tips to help you succeed as a student

Cassandra Cullen, Staff Writer

Whether you’ve just finished high-school or are coming back after a certain amount of years being away, getting back into the mindset of a student can be tough. We’ve all been there.

Here are some helpful tips on how to successful during your time at  Madison College:

• Get to school early to find parking, it will be more difficult for morning classes.
  • Talk to your professors, they are there to help you succeed.
  • Take a break when you need one. Your brain needs some time to process what you’re studying, don’t get overwhelmed.
  • Check your email/blackboard daily. You don’t want to miss a last-minute change or have the wrong day for an assignment.
  • Make a class friend in case you aren’t there one day, so you can get the homework.
  • Talk with your advisor to make sure your credits will transfer to a four-year college, if that is your goal.

Here’s some additional advice that students posted on the college’s WolfPack Connect app:

“Find your favorite study zone and spend some time there every day. Make it a routine!” – Rose Mae Beach.

“Note down your exam and quiz days. They can creep up on you without you even knowing.” – Ricardo Portillo.

“Participate in the events held on campus! Most of them are free and are a great way to make new connections.” – Amber Keenan.