Share your opinions with The Clarion

New opinion editor seeks letters from students

Jacki Brickner, Opinion Editor

My name is Jacki Brickner, and I am the opinion editor for The Clarion. I want to start by saying that opinions are important to me personally because I believe everyone needs to have a voice.

Your opinion is uniquely part of who you are as an individual. We need to have an outlet to speak our minds and know that there are others out there that share our belief systems and our feelings on important issues.

So, a little background on me. I am 28 years old and I go to school full time in the business management degree program. I also work full time as a dinner chef at Luther Preparatory School in Watertown, Wisconsin.

I love animals from reptiles to dogs, I currently have seven pets at home with me in Lake Mills. I love to read and play video games in my spare time if I ever get any. This is my first time being a part of a newspaper staff, and I hope you will all enjoy my articles.

I took the job as the opinion editor with The Clarion to make a difference, to share opinions on important topics, and to have meaningful conversation with others. While my opinion will not always align with your’s, I will strive to be a sort of neutral third party and present the facts to you in a meaningful way.

Now that you know a little about me. I would love to hear from you. You can email me your opinions on things in the form of letters to the editor.

If you have questions or ideas you’d like us to investigate, I would be happy to help any way I can. So please, feel free to email me at [email protected]. I will try to respond promptly to all questions.