Bunny videos help promote the WolfPack Wisdom channel

Clarion Staff Photo

Students encourage others to participate in the WolfPack Wisdom Channel’s Bunny Bonanza event.

Kaleia Lawrence, Editor in Chief

Bunnies, bunnies everywhere and many prizes to get. WolfPack Wisdom, Madison College’s student YouTube, is hosting their second contest. In the fall, it was Monster Mania. Now the team is bouncing into springtime with the Bunny Bonanza. 

Students enter the contest by finding bunny videos that are hidden throughout videos on the channel. There are about 200 videos for students to rifle through. Their name gets entered into a drawing to see who gets the $25 gift card and a WolfPack Wisdom swag kit. Whatever organization the bunny is hosted on sponsors the prize.  

“Our goal is to be able to create awareness about the channel and encourage students to view some of the videos that are out there,” said Marty Crabbs, manager of the video team. 

Crabbs says that the content the team makes is important in helping students better navigate their college experience. 

“People learn differently. They consume information in different ways. Our website is very text heavy and adding videos allows us to kind of take that text and present it in a different way,” said Crabbs. 

The team is in its third year of existence and there are four students on the video team.  

“It’s videos that are produced by students, for students to tell them about the different things that Madison College has to offer,” said Crabbs. 

It’s a good stepping stone for students interested in a career in the industry. Some students who were on the team are now employed where video work is part of their job. 

And soon there’ll be opportunities for people interested in marketing careers. Crabbs hopes to add a position that focuses solely on creating content to make people aware of the team and work on the promotion events. 

“It’s a lot of work to be able to do it, but again, it gives the students an opportunity to, you know, understand how these pieces come together to see how the project all comes to fruition,” said Crabbs. “It’s very much a real world experience for them.”