Free passes to Planet Fitness are available for semester

Hailey Griffin, Staff Writer

Madison College is currently offering free passes to four Planet Fitness locations around Madison. Degree credit students at any campus are eligible for this offer. To sign up for a free pass, all students have to do is register on the Madison College Recreation website and bring their registration confirmation to one of the four locations listed.   

The Planet Fitness locations available will be on East Towne Way, Mineral Point Road, Verona Road and West Broadway. To maintain their access to Planet Fitness facilities, students must go to Planet Fitness at least four times a month. Otherwise, Planet Fitness will cancel their membership.   

The college has been offering these passes since the fitness center underwent construction last December. Once the construction of the new fitness center has been completed, Madison College will cease to offer Planet Fitness passes. The anticipated date for the completion of construction is the beginning of the spring semester.   

Goodman Sports Complex and Enterprise Manager Bill Kegler relays that there have been plenty of people taking advantage of these passes.   

“We always have an uptick at the beginning of the semesters,” Kegler said. “Part of it is because we promote it through things like WolfPack Welcome and people will start to see direct emails coming out to them as well.”   

Kegler also pointed out that there are workout videos as well as a link to a workout app on the Madison College Recreation website. Students can use these resources while they’re at Planet Fitness. To find these resources, go to https://madisoncollegerecreation.com/.