Resources and services available for you at the Truax Campus

Paige Zezulka, Staff Writer

It’s been a while since Madison College’s halls have been full. This fall, Truax will be more visited than it has been in a couple of years. Newcomers, and even many second or third year students, will be stepping on campus for the first time.  

With that, it is important students know the services that are available to them.  

Let’s take a walk through campus together.  

Starting on the first floor and heading down the main hallway, you’ll come across TruStyle Salon. Here is where cosmetology students work while studying. From hair to nails, they have got you covered with affordable prices.   

As you keep walking you will stumble upon the UW Credit Union down the hall to your left. Need to open up a checking account? They will give you $50 in return!  

As you keep strolling you will come to the Madison College Bookstore to your left, filled with Wolfpack gear, book rentals and school supplies.  

The cafeteria lies ahead. It is a place to mingle with friends while you scarf down some food before class. It includes many features such as a Starbucks, an Ice Cream Bar, daily dining served up by the culinary arts students and the Wolfpack Den that displays limitless amounts of games and activities.   

Located on the second floor is the Student Achievement Center. This is the perfect spot to visit if you need some free tutoring on any subject. Next door, for specific writing assistance, the Writing Center is also a useful destination.  

You will discover a lot of services in the library on the third floor, such as the student tech support team, research assistance and private study rooms with excellent views.  

To the left of the Truax main entrance stands a separate building, the Early Learning Campus. The new and improved early care and education building assists the college’s youngest learners. If you are a student and need some extra support, the Early Learning Campus is here to help with childcare needs.   

Across from the student parking lot, on Hoffman Street, is the Health Education and Information Technology Building. As you can imagine, there are plenty of services here to keep your body and mind healthy for the school year.  

On the very first floor is the Group Health Cooperative (GHC) Madison College Community Clinic. Many treatments are available for students including immunizations, sports physicals, x-rays and so much more.  

Maybe your tooth is aching, or you might just need a clean-up. Students perform low-cost maintenance at the Dental Hygienist Clinic. You can schedule an appointment for as low as $35.  

Feeling money and time crunched? Take a moment to explore the campus’ variety of services that are here to help you make the most out of your school year.   

These are just some of the many services that are available on campus. To learn more details about additional services and resources, visit Madison College’s Website: https://madisoncollege.edu/student-experience/campuses/madison-truax/campus-services.