Madison College Shines at Phi Theta Kappa Honor Society Catalyst

Boh Suh, Staff Writer

The Phi Theta Kappa (PTK) Honor Society hosted an international convention, “Catalyst,” from April 8 through April 10. Just like the last year’s “Catalyst,” the event was provided virtually for the PTK members all over the world because of the current pandemic.

There was also an election for international officers during the convention, so each candidate had an opportunity to share their visions. There were also various workshops available for students to watch independently, which was a unique situation in the virtual world.

Madison College PTK chapter officers thought that the conference was informative, well-organized, and inspiring. And they were impressed with international officer candidates and their speeches. Some of questions asked of them were definitely tricky, but each candidate did a fantastic job answering the questions.

This “Catalyst” was extra special because Madison College shined again! Madison College (Beta Beta Psi Chapter) was recognized as one of the Top 100 chapters in the world.

In addition, one of keystone projects, Honors in Action Project (Retention, Persistence and Engagement as Factors to Drive Change for Students of Color) was recognized as Distinguished Honors in Action Project.

Lastly, advisor, Marty Crabbs was recognized with the Distinguished Advisor Award.

The team has worked hard for the keystone projects, and it was a great feeling to see the accomplishments recognized internationally. Overall, our chapter keeps a great legacy continuing from previous years, and we cannot wait for what the next term’s team can accomplish!