Clarion and Yahara Journal receive national recognition

Clarion Staff Report

CHRIS BIRD / CLARION

Editor-in-chief Anica Graney holds one of the trophies the Clarion received in a past contest.

The Clarion and the Yahara Journal were among the student publications honored at the Associated Collegiate Press Spring National College Media Convention presented virtually on March 18-20.
Best-of-show awards were presented in both organizational and individual categories.
The Clarion won a fourth place best-of-show award for general excellence among two-year college newspapers for its Feb. 17, 2021, issue. The newspaper also took seventh place best-of-show for two-year college websites.
Clarion Broadcasting earned a fifth place best-of-show award for its weekly broadcast news program produced by Sabeel Samrah.
The Yahara Journal was recognized for its latest edition with a seventh place best-of-show award in the literary arts magazine category.
Individual honors went to Anica Graney, Steven Andriantsiratahina and Cassandra Cullen.
Graney won second place best-of-show in the print design category for the front page of the Oct. 28, 2020, issue.
Andriantsiratahina won third place in the advertising category for the print advertisement he created promoting the Yahara Journal’s bad love poem contest.
Cullen also received recognition in the advertising category, placing ninth for her broadcast advertisement for Clarion Radio promoting the college’s Handshake App.