Use Handshake to find your next job or internship 

Hannah Dotzler, Copy Editor

Starting at the beginning of the Fall 2020 Semester, Madison College’s Career and Employment Services launched its new job posting website, HandshakeHandshake is a site used by many colleges and universities around the country to help students find and connect with employers. In fact, the site is now being used by all 16 of the Wisconsin technical colleges 

Students can use Handshake to find jobs and internships both on and off campus. Madison College Business Technology Instructor Penny Johnson speaks highly of the new site.  

Handshake has the most opportunities for students and new college grads of any platform and is the only one that lets employers recruit specifically at Madison College. All the jobs are posted just for students, which means students aren’t competing against professionals and the general population,” Johnson says.  

Handshake is perfect for students looking for a career or internship within the field they are studying or for those who are specifically looking for on-campus jobs. 

Rochelle Wanner, Madison College Senior Student Support Advisor, also encourages students to take advantage of this new job posting site. She says Handshake includes amazing features that are not offered by most other platforms. For example, it allows students to learn about skills that are often required by employers in their fieldgives them the ability to upload their resumes for potential employers to view, and is mobile friendly.  

For the entire fall semester, Madison College’s Career and Employment Services will be giving away gift cards to students who activate their Handshake accounts. Three winners will be randomly selected each month throughout the semester.  

As for how to set up your Handshake account, Johnson says “It’s easy! Go to joinhandshake.com.” 

Whether you are looking for a job in your field, are ready to gain some experience through an internship, or are in search of anything else career-related, Handshake is available and ready for all Madison College students to use!