College’s latest security report is now available

Jake Roxen, Staff Writer

The Madison College Annual Security Report for the year of 2017 is quite a hefty document, with over 90 pages of notices, procedures, training methods, statistics, and more.

Need to know what to do in case of sexual misconduct or stalking? Curious about definitions of reportable crimes? This report has it covered.

Not that you need to worry. While it is better to be safe than sorry, there aren’t many offenses you need to worry about on campus property. Page 74 of the report features the 2017 Crime Statistics.

These statistics cover pretty much every reportable offense: murder, arson, vehicular theft, dating violence, and burglary.

What do these all have in common? None of these offenses have been reported to have happened in the last three years on Madison College campuses.

In fact, the only reported offenses in the last 3 years were some drug law arrests in 2015.

With that said, if any students experience or witness any criminal activity or suspicious behavior, the Public Safety Services ask that it be reported as soon as possible.

You can reach them by visiting their main office in room B1240, or by calling their number at (608)245-2222. The Public Safety Services phone line is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week, and will always be answered by a human dispatcher.

If need be, emergency phones around campus can also be used to contact them, by simply dialing 2222.