Madison College to hold 3rd annual N.E.T. Saturday event in February

Attendees of N.E.T. Saturday will learn to make the best impression to future employers.

Provided to Clarion

Jessica Ayala-Guevara, Staff Writer

Are you interested in learning about networking, etiquette and technology? The Career and Employment Centers has partnered with Student Life, Phi Theta Kappa, and Retention Services to the third annual N.E.T. Saturday on Feb. 13.

The event helps students learn skills they need to succeed in job searches and in the workplace. Attendees will learn how to make the best impression on potential employers in a variety of environments.

The N.E.T. Saturday event is free and open all students at Madison College. It will run from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m., opening with a keynote speaker and including a variety of breakout sessions.

According to event coordinators Ashley Dragone, a meeting and event management student, and Amber Buschman, an advisor and internship specialist, the purpose of this event is to help students to improve their networking skills and learn about topics such as the power of body language, generations in the workplace, and the ways to negotiate a salary.

Students at the event have the opportunity to learn dining etiquette; for example, when to start eating, how to dress, the right way to pass dishes or food, and how to serve the food. This short training is an excellent opportunity to learn the appropriate way to behave in formal meetings.

And last but not least, N.E.T. Saturday will include a panel of employers from the community. Students will have the chance to ask questions and learn what employers focus in their hiring process.

To close the event, a social hour will allow participants to put their new skills to work.

This experience will be held in the Truax Gateway, right outside of the Career Employment office. To register, visit madisoncollege.edu/net_Saturday. Registration will begin on Monday Jan. 19.