The news site of Madison Area Technical College

The Clarion

The Clarion

The Clarion

Follow Us
RSSTwitterFacebookYoutube

The Clarion wins online Pacemaker

Members of The Clarion staff show the Pacemaker awards they received on Oct. 30. Pictured, from left, are: Kai Brito, Hannah Powell, Kelly Feng, Maddie Thorman.

Two awards were presented to The Clarion at the Associated Collegiate Press National College Media Convention on Oct. 30 in Atlanta. The Clarion was honored as an Online Pacemaker winner and designer Valenzia Cina won an honorable mention Page Design Pacemaker.  

This was the first time that The Clarion had won an Online Pacemaker award. The last time it had been considered a finalist for the Pacemaker Award was in 2006.

The Pacemaker Awards are the top awards presented by the Associated Collegiate Press. They recognize the student media organizations and individuals who are trendsetters for the rest of the nation. 

The conference continues through Nov. 2, concluding with a Best of Show Awards presentation honoring the work of the groups at the convention. 

Members of The Clarion staff attending the conference were Kelly Feng, Maddie Thorman, Kai Brito and Hannah Powell.