The Clarion

World Languages Soundscapes

Show Host Britton Downing brings French, Spanish shows to Clarion Radio

Back to Article
Back to Article

World Languages Soundscapes

Britton Downing as Robero Domingo for his Spanish show, fills the airwaves of Clarion Radio

Andrew Kicmol

Andrew Kicmol

Andrew Kicmol

Brad Burt, Staff Writer

We as humans exchange through mediums by way of reflexivity that sets the mood to receive cultural bits broadcasted in music.  Music is the preferred method of information exchange as a result of persuasion in sophistry.

The Madison College World Languages Soundscapes broadcast hosted by Britton Downing “The driving force behind the show, along with the music, is a vehicle for cultural exposure and awareness,” said Britton

Britton and I were formally acquainted through World Drumming Ensemble’s “Tu Maraca” Brazilian Samba performance at Madison College who referred me to write for Practicum 1 after class one day, after reading my Bob Cobb Badger Legionnaire report I did for the Student Senate.

Britton’s show is hosted by a projection of a myth through twin brothers as taking on personas on-air is suggested as a tool to learn foreign languages.  Britton uses his French and Spanish choreographed monologue from Roberto Dimanche (French) to Roberto Domingo (Spanish) as his artistic approach to capturing the attention of his audience. 

Britton said, “If you can relate, or use something relative, it gives you a platform to develop reflexivity with your listener.”

We are both graduates from the Anthropology: Myth, Magic, and Religion Course where we have developed a fondness to use our medium to convey aspects of culture through the Clarion as a catalyst to deliver to the audience collection of bits of cultural appreciation and holistic value to the audience.

Britton’s use of sophistry with his audience helps him persuade listeners to continue to tune in each week to develop his world language broadcast audience that is hosted by the long-lost brothers, who are seeking to reconnect between the two mediums.      

When Britton utilizes the post-truth, fallacy found in the prototype of the myth, the archetype of the twin brothers becomes the ritual that delivers the cultural vehicle for the broadcast, the high-lighted feature of his show. 

We humans exact our view of the world through the myth we believe is most true.    Being a member of the Clarion society, sophistry amongst our audience seeks to persuade others to tune-in to the on-air broadcast holistically as student culture, without regard to scientific fact.

Myths transmit better through music as a medium as they are convincing in nature simply by the way the listener prefers to collect their information through music. Music is a medium unlike print that can be accessed quickly.

Please tune in to clarionradio.com Fridays for the World Languages Spanish show at 5 p.m. and the French show at 9 p.m.

• World Languages Soundscapes

Arts & Culture

Play to be a fundraiser for Performing Arts scholarships

• World Languages Soundscapes

Arts & Culture

Marty McConnell strives to help poets find their voice

• Arts & Culture

Movies you should make time for during the summer season

• World Languages Soundscapes

Arts & Culture

Cage The Elephant is back with ‘Social Cues’

• World Languages Soundscapes

Arts & Culture

Theater festival offers place to showcase talents

• Arts & Culture

Fall Out Boy still one of my favorite bands

• World Languages Soundscapes

Arts & Culture

A 14 million to 1 chance

• World Languages Soundscapes

Arts & Culture

DC’s latest electrifies a well-worn genre

• World Languages Soundscapes

Arts & Culture

Fans can Harbour a new Hellboy

• World Languages Soundscapes

Arts & Culture

Pedro’s Mexican Restaurante

The news site of Madison Area Technical College
World Languages Soundscapes