The Clarion

World Languages Soundscapes

Show Host Britton Downing brings French, Spanish shows to Clarion Radio

Back to Article
Back to Article

World Languages Soundscapes

Britton Downing as Robero Domingo for his Spanish show, fills the airwaves of Clarion Radio

Andrew Kicmol

Andrew Kicmol

Andrew Kicmol

Brad Burt, Staff Writer

We as humans exchange through mediums by way of reflexivity that sets the mood to receive cultural bits broadcasted in music.  Music is the preferred method of information exchange as a result of persuasion in sophistry.

The Madison College World Languages Soundscapes broadcast hosted by Britton Downing “The driving force behind the show, along with the music, is a vehicle for cultural exposure and awareness,” said Britton

Britton and I were formally acquainted through World Drumming Ensemble’s “Tu Maraca” Brazilian Samba performance at Madison College who referred me to write for Practicum 1 after class one day, after reading my Bob Cobb Badger Legionnaire report I did for the Student Senate.

Britton’s show is hosted by a projection of a myth through twin brothers as taking on personas on-air is suggested as a tool to learn foreign languages.  Britton uses his French and Spanish choreographed monologue from Roberto Dimanche (French) to Roberto Domingo (Spanish) as his artistic approach to capturing the attention of his audience. 

Britton said, “If you can relate, or use something relative, it gives you a platform to develop reflexivity with your listener.”

We are both graduates from the Anthropology: Myth, Magic, and Religion Course where we have developed a fondness to use our medium to convey aspects of culture through the Clarion as a catalyst to deliver to the audience collection of bits of cultural appreciation and holistic value to the audience.

Britton’s use of sophistry with his audience helps him persuade listeners to continue to tune in each week to develop his world language broadcast audience that is hosted by the long-lost brothers, who are seeking to reconnect between the two mediums.      

When Britton utilizes the post-truth, fallacy found in the prototype of the myth, the archetype of the twin brothers becomes the ritual that delivers the cultural vehicle for the broadcast, the high-lighted feature of his show. 

We humans exact our view of the world through the myth we believe is most true.    Being a member of the Clarion society, sophistry amongst our audience seeks to persuade others to tune-in to the on-air broadcast holistically as student culture, without regard to scientific fact.

Myths transmit better through music as a medium as they are convincing in nature simply by the way the listener prefers to collect their information through music. Music is a medium unlike print that can be accessed quickly.

Please tune in to clarionradio.com Fridays for the World Languages Spanish show at 5 p.m. and the French show at 9 p.m.

• World Languages Soundscapes

Arts & Culture

Oscars gig is no prize

• World Languages Soundscapes

Arts & Culture

Arts editor Mandy Scheuer likes reviewing books, movies

• World Languages Soundscapes

Arts & Culture

A proper conclusion to a beloved trilogy

• World Languages Soundscapes

Arts & Culture

Hollywood finally does justice to an animated adaptation with ‘Alita’

• World Languages Soundscapes

Arts & Culture

‘The Lego Movie 2’ is a lackluster sequel

• Arts & Culture

Showcase seeks students willing to share talents

• World Languages Soundscapes

Arts & Culture

Student Art Show

• Arts & Culture

‘Alice in Slasherland’ is an action-packed horror play

• Arts & Culture

‘Perfectionists’ has a serious tone

• World Languages Soundscapes

Arts & Culture

WolfPack Diamonds – New dance team shines

The news site of Madison Area Technical College
World Languages Soundscapes