Showcase seeks students willing to share talents

Antilica Xiong, Staff Writer

Creating an event to showcase all the talents that students bring to Madison College, Performing Arts introduces The Juried Student Showcase. On April 27 at 7:30 p.m. in the College Gateway a showcase will be held.

“Madison College is home to many talented student artists,” says Robin Fanfara.

The Showcase is a free event that will have tabled seating and provide light desserts and refreshments to the guests. Auditions and seating will need to be reserved beforehand to make sure everyone has a set time and a set seating arranged. All are welcome to the event including faculty, staff, friends, and families.

With the busy schedule of a student, the showcase was created to offer an opportunity for them to showcase their talents and for others to enjoy their talents.

The showcase will be filled with a variety of artistic performances like singing, dancing, and possibly some poetry.

The showcase is still looking for talented Madison college students so auditions are open until March 15. Vocal auditions are on March 6th from 3:30 – 6:00 pm and are asked to email Robin at [email protected].

Not only does The Juried Student Showcase provide artistic opportunities but also an opportunity to volunteer. The volunteer responsibilities are still to be determined but questions can be emailed to Robin at [email protected] for more information.