Spring break, a year after the school was closed from the COVID-19 pandemic

Boh Suh, Staff Writer

Spring break is coming up soon! I know some have been waiting for this since the beginning of the semester. It is always nice to have a week off during the semester when you feel like you are behind the work. This time can be used to refresh my energy and catch up some sleep (and some schoolwork). It also means winter is slowly going away (maybe not in Wisconsin), and spring is saying hello to us. I just cannot wait for nice weather to hike around Madison.

Remember what happened last year? Right, the school was closed for two weeks for the COVID-19 pandemic, and most of classes had to change their learning format to online. I cannot believe it has been a year that we are dealing with the current pandemic. I hope that everyone is safe and adjusts to virtual learning environment. Anyway, this spring break is from the 15th to the 19th. Depending on which day you have a class, the Spring break may even start earlier.

Usually, many people have planned to go on a vacation in warmer places. Florida, Cancun, Las Vegas, and all those warm and beach places sounds good. I am sure some people are planning on that vacation still, but many of them are still concerned about traveling at the moment. My family is still concerned about traveling while I am getting phone calls from various travel agency every day about vacation deals, so we are not going anywhere. Instead, this will be an opportunity for us to get together to spend more time. Yeah, it may not be some ocean-view resort, but it is still a time for my family to play games and talk. I hope that everyone enjoys the spring break!