Mialbag: Letters to the Editor
March 1, 2017
Hang on for a minute...we're trying to find some more stories you might like.
Email This Story
I am writing to let you know about the very generous and kind cross-department collaboration that occurred for the Madison College Bookstores, the Sweetheart Photo Contest.
The winners of the contest were Elizabeth Cherie Creech and Aunton Terry. They received 179 likes on Facebook. We wish them all the very best for the rest of this semester at Madison College.
This letter is to give a gigantic Thank You to all who made this wonderful event possible! They are:
- Scott Heiman – Madison College Bookstores Manager donated a $50 gift certificate from the bookstore and he chose our winners.
- Sue Smith – Administrative Specialist Business and Applied Arts Center, for the generous certificates for two to Diane’s Delicious Diner from Dean Bryan Woodhouse, two gift certificates for our gourmet bakery and a gift bag from Trustyle Salon.
- Terrie Thorstad – Director of Axillary Services and Caitlyn Clark- Administrative Specialist gave the Gift Certificate for a malt for two and a personal pizza for two.
- Nick Loveland and Lesley Numbers from our screen-printing department for our huge and beautiful poster.
- Ellen Vervoort, Barb Bausch, Kenya Moses, our fantastic duplicating department for all of those lovely flyers.
- Betty Hurd – Program Director Fashion Marketing, for giving us the freedom as students to explore our abilities, in order to do the best that we can for our display projects.
- Txong Yang-Student Life, for putting our poster on the many monitors on Truax campus.
- Amy Lang-Student with her talented boyfriend Steve, who together created our delightfully inspired French QR code.
- And most of all, to all of the awesome participants who showed up and gave us their best photos to be involved in this event. We loved you all. Thank you so very much.
Yours truly, Gail Christensen